Vegan Mexican Soup Recipe | Gluten Free Mexican Vegetable Soup
This vegetarian and gluten-free Mexican Soup is an explosion of flavor in your mouth! It’s tangy, herby, spicy, crunchy, sour and everything that a mouth-watering soup should be.
If you follow my blog, you already know I am a great fan of Mexican Food. It’s very close to Indian food when it comes to spices and vegetables used. I love spicy and tangy food. In my soup series on Foopla, I couldn’t have not included a Mexican inspired soup. I am getting a huge response on my soup series on the blog. Until now, I have three soup recipes on the blog for you all. Creamy Spinach Soup, Tomato Pizza Soup and Broccoli Soup.
Winter call for hot soups and I take the word hot very literally. I have brought a hot and spicy soup for you on Foopla today. This is a flavor explosion waiting to happen. You must make this soup once to experience what I am taking about. It’s spicy, sour, tangy, crunchy and hot! Nothing can go wrong with this! Life is good with a bowl full of this soup, some crunchy nachos and your favorite sitcom.
This is a vegetarian version of the Mexican Chicken Stew I usually make. I never missed the chicken and this recipe is proof that vegetarian soups can be extremely delicious too. You can skip the cheese to make it into a Vegan Mexican Soup recipe. It’s gluten-free as I have used a sharp cheddar at the end which gives this soup a nice dimension. If you don’t have cheddar cheese, you can always replace it with the regular processed cheese too.
Mexican Soup Recipe Video | Gluten Free Mexican Vegetable Soup
This vegetarian and gluten free Mexican Soup is explosion of flavor in your mouth!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Celery finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Mixed Bell Peppers finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Green chilies finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree fresh home made
- 1/2 cup Kidney Beans (rajma) boiled
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Parsley or Coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Spring Onion Greens for garnish
- Cheddar Cheese for garnish
- Jalapenos for garnish
- Red chili flakes for garnish
- Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce or Sprig Chipotle Adobado Sauce for garnish (optional)
- Crushed Nachos for garnish optional
- Sour Cream for garnish optional
- In a pan, heat olive oil and add garlic, celery and onion. Fry till translucent.
- Add spring onion, capsicum, green chilies, mixed peppers and carrots. Mix well.
Now add tomato puree and let it cook until the raw smell disappears. Mixing in between.
- Add boiled kidney beans (rajma), cumin powder, red chili flakes, oregano, salt and mix well.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and lemon juice and switch off the gas. Adjust seasoning if required. Add 1/2 tsp sugar if it's too sour.
- Now serve the soup hot with garnish of your choice. Various garnishes could be spring onion, Cheese, Jalapenos, Red chili flakes, Chipotle Pepper Sauce, Nachos, Sour Cream and more Parsley.