Vegan Mexican Soup Recipe | Gluten Free Mexican Vegetable Soup
This vegetarian and gluten-free Mexican Soup is an explosion of flavor in your mouth! It’s tangy, herby, spicy, crunchy, sour and everything that a mouth-watering soup should be.
If you follow my blog, you already know I am a great fan of Mexican Food. It’s very close to Indian food when it comes to spices and vegetables used. I love spicy and tangy food. In my soup series on Foopla, I couldn’t have not included a Mexican inspired soup. I am getting a huge response on my soup series on the blog. Until now, I have three soup recipes on the blog for you all. Creamy Spinach Soup, Tomato Pizza Soup and Broccoli Soup.
Winter call for hot soups and I take the word hot very literally. I have brought a hot and spicy soup for you on Foopla today. This is a flavor explosion waiting to happen. You must make this soup once to experience what I am taking about. It’s spicy, sour, tangy, crunchy and hot! Nothing can go wrong with this! Life is good with a bowl full of this soup, some crunchy nachos and your favorite sitcom.
This is a vegetarian version of the Mexican Chicken Stew I usually make. I never missed the chicken and this recipe is proof that vegetarian soups can be extremely delicious too. You can skip the cheese to make it into a Vegan Mexican Soup recipe. It’s gluten-free as I have used a sharp cheddar at the end which gives this soup a nice dimension. If you don’t have cheddar cheese, you can always replace it with the regular processed cheese too.
Mexican Soup Recipe Video | Gluten Free Mexican Vegetable Soup
This vegetarian and gluten free Mexican Soup is explosion of flavor in your mouth!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Celery finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Mixed Bell Peppers finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Green chilies finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree fresh home made
- 1/2 cup Kidney Beans (rajma) boiled
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Parsley or Coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Spring Onion Greens for garnish
- Cheddar Cheese for garnish
- Jalapenos for garnish
- Red chili flakes for garnish
- Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce or Sprig Chipotle Adobado Sauce for garnish (optional)
- Crushed Nachos for garnish optional
- Sour Cream for garnish optional
In a pan, heat olive oil and add garlic, celery and onion. Fry till translucent.
Add spring onion, capsicum, green chilies, mixed peppers and carrots. Mix well.
Now add tomato puree and let it cook until the raw smell disappears. Mixing in between.
Add boiled kidney beans (rajma), cumin powder, red chili flakes, oregano, salt and mix well.
Cover and simmer on low for about 3 - 5 minutes.
Add parsley and lemon juice and switch off the gas. Adjust seasoning if required. Add 1/2 tsp sugar if it's too sour.
Now serve the soup hot with garnish of your choice. Various garnishes could be spring onion, Cheese, Jalapenos, Red chili flakes, Chipotle Pepper Sauce, Nachos, Sour Cream and more Parsley.