Microwave soup recipes are quick, easy and comforting. These homemade soup recipes or mug soup recipes using vegetable stock made from scratch, in 4 different ways are the best!
I don’t really like the soapy taste of pre-maid soup packets which are in abundance in the market these days. But what pushes us to buy those packets? The first and the only hurdle in making soup from scratch at home, is the vegetable stock or the chicken stock. This is where all the flavor is and no it’s not difficult to make vegetable stock. In fact it’s easier than making pulses or a vegetable gravy dish. Yes! Once the vegetable stock is ready, all you need is 10 minutes and a microwave to make yourself a cup of microwave soup with endless flavor combinations!
We all love monsoon! Rains, the earthy aroma, fresh air, pleasant weather and fried food! Monsoon brings with itself a chill in the air and it’s the perfect weather for soup. Heart craves for something warm throughout the day and it’s easier to make these microwave soup recipes. But first things first. We will first learn how to make vegetable stock at home from scratch.
How do you make vegetable stock? or how do you make your own stock?
Vegetable stock or vegetable broth is very easy to make at home. I have shown the one pot method to make vegetable stock. You can also make vegetable stock in a pressure cooker. But before we jump to the recipe, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Use seasonal vegetables with neutral taste.
- Use fresh vegetables and not left overs.
- Don’t use salt in the stock. Add it when you make soup.
- Use of fresh herbs like parsley and celery make a huge difference in the flavor and aroma of the stock.
- Use of whole spices are optional. They do add a depth in flavor.
- Keep the stock for 3-4 days in the fridge or use the ice tray hack (click here) to freeze them for longer (Mark the date before freezing and try and use it in a months time).
Using this vegetable stock, I have made the following 10 minute microwave soup recipes. Enjoy!
Here is how to make the perfect vegetable stock or vegetable broth. You can also make Chicken stock similarly by adding chicken pieces with bone to the same recipe.
Basic Vegetable Stock
Vegetable stock or vegetable broth made at home from scratch with fresh vegetables and aromatics. Perfect for soups, broths, gravies and also rice dishes.
- 1 cup Carrot big chunks
- 1 cup Knol Khol big chunks
- 1 cup French beans big chunks
- 1/2 cup Onion big chunks
- 1/2 cup Celery big chunks
- Parsley small bunch
- 2 tbsp Aromatics Cumin, pepper, bay leaf, cloves
- 1/4 cup Ginger sliced
- 1/4 cup Garlic peeled
- 1.5 liters Water
Put everything together in a big pot. Cover and let it simmer on low heat for an hour and a half. Alternatively, you can pressure cook everything for 4 whistles.
Once done, sieve through a muslin cloth to remove the finer impurities. Keep aside to cool.
Keep the stock for a week in the fridge or use the ice tray hack to freeze them.