Cranberry Saffron Rice Recipe VIDEO | Indian Saffron Rice Recipe
Saffron Rice recipe is a unique 15 minute fragrant yellow rice recipe with cranberries and goodness of saffron. It’s mildly sweet with a magical saffron aroma. Pair this with white chicken curry or a mildly flavored veg curry.
Saffron is most commonly used in Biryani recipes across India. I love saffron flavored rice because it imparts a beautiful aroma which is simply divine. If you are wondering how to cook yellow rice, then it’s nothing but cooked rice infused with saffron threads. Follow the recipe at the end of this post. In this yellow saffron rice recipe I have also added cranberries for texture, tang and taste. Cranberries in this saffron rice recipe tastes really good. You can skip it or use raisins instead. Let’s look at some of the know how’s of saffron.
How do you use saffron in rice?
- Mix a few saffron strands in warm milk.
- Let it stand for a few minutes. The milk will turn yellow in some time.
- Drizzle this milk on top of the rice towards the end of cooking.
- Once cooked, fluff rice with a fork which will help mix the saffron-colored rice.
How do you cook with saffron threads?
- For cooking with saffron, you simply have to dissolve saffron strands in a warm liquid (milk, water or stock).
- Let it dissolve.
- Add it towards the end of cooking.
Cranberry Saffron Fried Rice
Saffron Fried Rice is a unique 15 minute veggie fried rice recipe with cranberries and goodness of saffron.
- 1 tbsp Ghee or clarified butter
- 1/4 cup Mixed nuts, cashews and almonds
- Few Dried coconut sliced
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 cup Boiled Rice
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Saffron, few strands soaked in warm milk
Heat ghee in a medium sized pan. Once it's hot, add mixed nuts. Stir for half a minute.
Add coconut and cranberries and stir fry for a few seconds.
Add boiled rice, saffron soaked in milk and honey. Mix well.
Serve hot/cold or pack in the tiffin.