Mango Sandwich has a unique filling made with the king of fruits mango. It’s sweet, tangy, spicy and damn delicious. Make this for breakfast, kids tiffin or as a party appetizer.
Who does not love mangoes and I literally go berserk making various mango dishes we love and also experimenting with newer recipes. There is no time to waste when the King of fruits Mango is only going to stay here for a short while right? This sandwich is inspired by the quick breakfast sandwiches my mom would make in mango season. She would simply put mango slices on a piece of buttered toast and sprinkle some salt on top. Sounds simple but these were the best sandwiches I ever ate! When the mango season hit us, this was the first thing that came to my mind. With the thought that my family should also experience the flavor I tasted ages ago, I set out to make the mango sandwich recipe.
This mango sandwich recipe is made from a simple but very flavorful mango jam and freshly sliced mangoes. Yes, it’s that simple to make. It would not even feel like a recipe because it’s so easy to whip up these sandwiches in under 15 minutes. These juicy, sweet, tangy and spicy sandwiches are perfect for breakfast or as an appetizer or simply pack them in your kids lunch box. Let’s look at some of the health benefits of the King of Fruits, Mango.
Why is Mango called the “King of Fruits”?
- Mango has numerous health benefits and is a great source of Vital Nutrients, Minerals and Vitamins.
- The fruit is rich in Iron, Manganese and Potassium.
- Mango has Vitamin A which is good for our eyes.
- Vitamin C is in abundance in Mango which helps boost our immune system.
- It has healthy fibers and pectin which keeps cholesterol in check.
- Mango helps in digestion as well as breaking down protein in our gut.
- Fruit contains a good amount of antioxidants which help prevent from cancer.
- Mango is also good for your skin, health and overall wellness.
- It’s one of the most versatile fruits with over 1000 varieties.
With such great health benefits, we should make the best of Mango season. Along with this easy Mango sandwich recipe, I also leave you with three other sandwich recipes. Be sure to check them out too, Corn & Cheese Sandwich, Spicy Mango Sandwich, Curd & Pepper Sandwich, Peas & Paneer Sandwich. Below is the Kids lunch Box Ideas Series – Sandwiches 4 Ways Video recipe.
Spicy Mango Sandwich Recipe
Mango Sandwich has a unique filling made with the king of fruits mango. It's sweet, tangy, spicy and damn delicious.
- 1/2 cup Mango puree
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1/2 Fresh mango slices
- 4 Whole wheat bread slices
- Butter to spread
Heat mango puree in a pan. Keep stirring for a few minutes until it begins to thicken a bit.
Add salt and red chili flakes and switch off the gas. If the mangoes are sour, you can add some sugar to balance it off.
Apply the spicy mango spread on two pieces of "toasted" & "buttered" whole wheat bread.
Place fresh mango slices on top. Cover them with a toasted bread slice each.
Spicy mango sandwich is ready.
If mangoes are out of season, you can use plums, grated apple, etc. with some seasoning.